Regional Brevet Administrators (RBAs) organize and supervise brevets, flèches, and other randonneur events in their area. If there is no brevet series nearby and you have the necessary skills to organize one, please submit an RBA application [MS Word format - preferred] [PDF - hardcopy only]. Your RUSA handbook has a very useful article about beginning the RBA process and how to design successful events. In addition, the RUSA RBA Liaison will be happy to work with you and answer your questions.
For existing RBAs, the tools, forms, and files below have been created to make preparation for events and processing of results easier. If there are other items that you would like to see provided here, contact the RBA Liaison.
RBA Calendar Dates
- July 31 -- Application for new 1200km or longer Grand Randonnée
- August 1 -- Application for new RBA wishing to organize ACP or RM events for the next year
- September 30 -- Calendar submission for ACP- and RM-sanctioned events for the following year
- December -- Submit your updated Insurance Waiver for the coming year to email@example.com
Dates Relative to an Event
- 10 days after -- Submission of event results
- 6 days prior -- Calendar submission for RUSA-sanctioned brevets and populaires
- 2 weeks prior -- Calendar submission for RUSA-sanctioned team events (Darts and Arrows)
- 5 weeks prior -- Calendar submission for RUSA-sanctioned events not yet having an approved route
- 5 weeks prior -- New or updated route submission (5 weeks prior to earliest event using it)
Please read the RBA Procedures Manual (revised June 29, 2019).
Secret Decoder Rings
- Log in to RUSA (authorized RUSA volunteers only).
- Incident Procedure for reporting injuries during events.
- Calculate opening/closing times for brevet checkpoints.
- Cardomatic control card designer - created and maintained by Jake Kassen (contact Jake with any questions)
- CSV format for submitting results.
- Submit results for events of all types.
- Show result processing status.
- Submit calendar of future events in your region.
- Assign/Modify routes for future events in your region.
- Pre-order medals and pins for presentation (not resale) at the conclusion of an event, and
- Purchase items available exclusively to RBAs such as volunteer clothing and signage.
- List your region's certified routes.
- Sample Waiver of Liability. (MS Word format)
- Waiver Guidelines (MS Word format)
- Brevet Route Application(MS Word format)
- NEW 12/31/2017 --> Insurance Certificate Request Form (MS Word format)
Randonneurs USA offers various types of signs to display at your events.
Some RBAs like to have a local copy of the RUSA membership list, brevet results, or ACP club codes databases on their computers. The files below are updated whenever the underlying database changes. You may need to install software to decode ZIP files.
|Item||Software Type||File Format|
|RUSA Member List (sorted by number)||MS Excel or compatible spreadsheet||CSV|
|RUSA Member List (sorted by name)||MS Excel or compatible spreadsheet||CSV|
|RUSA Member List (sorted by name)||TEXT|
|Current-Year Brevet Results
(infrequently updated - use search engine for up-to-the-minute results)
|MS Excel or compatible spreadsheet, ZIP||CSV, ZIP|
The following items are described in the current RBA Procedures document. If you find that you are unable to read these, you may need to obtain other software to open ZIP archives or view Adobe Acrobat PDF files.