MINUTES OF A MEETING
OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF
RANDONNEURS USA, INC.
Held March 6, 2019
A meeting of the RUSA Board of Directors was convened by telephone conference and called to order by the president at 1704 PST.
The following Directors were in attendance:
• Debra Banks
• John Lee Ellis
• John Capn Ende
• Jake Kassen
• Nigel Greene
• Lois Springsteen
• Dave Thompson
Tim Sullivan also attended.
A Motion was made and passed to approve the meeting minutes from February 6, 2019.
There was one motion that was passed in email that was approved at the meeting:
- MOTION: The board gives John Lee Ellis as President, Dave Thompson as Treasurer, Nigel Greene as fellow Board Member and Tim Sullivan, the authority to appoint external counsel.
Tim Sullivan provided a lawsuit update and information about prospective additional attorneys. MOTION: To retain additional legal counsel. Passed.
The Treasurer distributed a report for review prior to the meeting and answered questions from the group during the meeting.
Short reports were made on several topics:
- Voler provided cap and vest designs and we will provide feedback very soon. The Treasurer will put out an announcement to our members.
- Approximately 40 K-Hound jerseys have been sold. A “high-viz” version may be done after PBP.
- The Rando Scout Award is on the site, but not announced yet. A bit more work is needed before an announcement is made.
- Subscriptions to PBP info are available on the site according to the President.
Slide preparation is in the works for the RBA Liability Webinar. There was good response from the RBA list. Supplemental information and slide deck will be shared with the RBAs after the session. Larger groups with additional volunteers in leadership roles may also attend rather than restricting to RBAs only. Perhaps a presentation for perm owners could be created in the future.
A discussion of photo and ATM proof of passage was briefly discussed and it was decided to request a reading from the Rules Committee. The general consensus is to allow it.
Discussion will be continued on developing a policy with regard to allowing minors on RUSA events.
The meeting was adjourned at 1916 PST.