MINUTES OF A MEETING
OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF
RANDONNEURS USA, INC.
Held February 6, 2019
A meeting of the RUSA Board of Directors was convened by telephone conference and called to order by the president at 1701 PST.
The following Directors were in attendance:
• Debra Banks
• John Lee Ellis
• John Capn Ende
• Jake Kassen
• Nigel Greene
• Lois Springsteen
• Dave Thompson
A Motion was made and passed to approve the meeting minutes from January 9, 2019.
There was one motion that was passed in email that was approved at the meeting:
- MOTION: RUSA will nominate Mark Thomas for RM President and vote for him at the post-PBP RM meeting.
The Treasurer distributed a report for review prior to the meeting and answered questions from the group during the meeting. Insurance fees are up this year, the store is “break-even” and there is a little less cash than last year.
The president stated that there is nothing new to report on the Romo v. RUSA case.
Short reports were made on several topics:
- The PBP jersey from Voler is in final mockup. Logistics for roll out are to be determined. The jersey front has two small corrections to be made.
- Randonneurs is misspelled on the side panels of the K-Hound jersey and needs correction. The designer has been notified.
- The owner of 380 permanents wants to step aside and is looking for a successor.
- The insurance committee is being expanded to include an insurance expert and we’ve started working with a new agent. The current policy has a non-member fee that was listed in the proposal, though the policy is silent. The committee is examining our accident/collision reporting requirements.
- Preparation has started on a presentation to the RBAs on how to mitigate liability concerns.
We received an application for a new 1200k event in 2020. A motion was made and passed to consider this application.
A motion was made and approved to add the Rando Scout Award to our member offerings as follows: The Rando Scout award is created with the following counting events: brevets only, domestic Grand Randonnee rides only and Populaires which would include anything on the RUSA calendar except team events. The award will be managed by volunteers without the need for site software changes or member applications. Riders with multiple route participation will be listed online in tiers of 25.
A discussion of photo and ATM proof of passage was deferred to a later meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 1909 PST.