The R-12 Award is earned by riding a 200km (or longer) randonneuring event in each of 12 consecutive months. The counting sequence can commence during any month of the year but must continue uninterrupted for another 11 months.
Events that count toward the R-12 Award are:
- Any event on the RUSA calendar 200km or longer.
- Foreign events - RM-sanctioned events of 1200km or longer, ACP-sanctioned brevets and team events (flèches), Paris-Brest-Paris - provided that these non-US events account for no more than 6 of the 12 counting months.
- RUSA permanents - a particular permanent route may be ridden more than once during the twelve-month period for R-12 credit.
- RUSA sanctioned Super Randonnée permanents.
Which month is credited?
- If an event straddles two months (e.g., July 31st-August 1st), it counts toward the month in which the event begins.
- The scheduled date of the ride determines which month is credited. If the applicant rides a workers' pre-ride that falls in the month preceding the scheduled date, e.g., a ride on 3/29 for a brevet scheduled for 4/4, the scheduled month (in this case, April) gets credit.
- If the event is postponed into the next month (e.g., a 4/25 brevet postponed to 5/2), the scheduled month (in this case, April) gets credit.
- Permanents are considered to be scheduled on the date actually ridden. If the date of the ride needs to be changed, it is treated as a new arrangement to ride the permanent.
- The R-12 counts a series of months in which one or more 200km+ randonnées was ridden. Therefore, a given month can only be used towards one R-12 award and one may earn only one R-12 award during a twelve-month period.
- The applicant must be a RUSA member during each of the twelve months.
RUSA congratulates the riders who earned and applied for the R-12 award.
Apply for this award online.
Awards are processed on a quarterly basis (every three calendar months) and there is some processing time to produce the award before it is delivered.