By Jennifer Wise
- What is a Randonneur?
Someone who takes a long excursion or a long ride.
- What is a Randonnée?
A female version of s Randonneur? No really, a long version of a brevet.
- What is a brevet?
A brief long-distance ride.
- How can I use my aero bars in PBP?
At bike inspection, tell them it's a handlebar bag holder.
- How do I say that in French?
"C'est le porte-sacoche (sac) guidon ...C'est la verité." (Cue sheet is l'itinéraire.)
- Who figured out the open/closing times for the Brevets?
The guy who drops off and pick up the port-a-potties.
- Why are there no brevets in Hawaii?
They're having too much fun surfing.
- Why subscribe to BICYCLING?
Because they will mention RUSA in their January issue ... and PBP in a spring issue.
- What's the best part of riding a Brevet?
The hot shower afterwards.
- What's the best part of riding PBP?
The bread, coffee, and camaraderie.
- What's the best part of finishing PBP?
Seeing your name and time in the list of finishers.
- What's the best part of not finishing PBP?
Joining Randonnée Abandonnée.
- What's Randonnée Abandonnée?
It's a club made up of elite, experienced, long-distance Randonneurs who have had to abandon a Randonneur event. You are automatically enrolled as a member once you DNF at BMB or PBP!
You see, there is no shame involved in a DNF. There are rewards for finishing and rewards for not finishing. However, one must legitimately DNF. A true Randonneur would never intentionally abandon PBP or BMB in order to join Club Randonnée Abandonnée!