If you are a RUSA member who completed PBP 1999, please help us by completing and mailing the Randonnée Arrivée Survey:
- Plain text survey form (Please set your browser monospace font to Courier 10.)
- PDF formatted survey form (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader 3.0 or higher)
Paris-Brest-Paris will next be held in August of 2003. The information below, describing details of the 1999 event, though dated, is probably descriptive of the 2003 event as well. Updates will be published as they become available.
- PBP 1999 is scheduled for August 23-27, 1999. The ride starts and ends in St. Quentin-en-Yvelines,
a suburb, southwest of Paris.
- Bike inspection will be on Sunday, August 22, 1999, in the Gymnase des Droits de l'Homme in
- The rules for PBP 1999 will be available in mid / late April. They will be published in the May issue of
RUSA's American Randonneur. The rules for PBP 1999 will be largely the same as the rules for
- The registration form for PBP 1999 will be available in mid / late April. It will be published in the May issue of
RUSA's American Randonneur. Riders registering for PBP 1999 through RUSA should send their completed
applications with required supporting documents to Jennifer Wise. Applications will not be accepted
prior to June 10, 1999. Applications must be postmarked on or before July 1, 1999, to be processed.
Riders should try to do their brevets so as to have them done by the end of June. When completing the PBP application riders must provide brevet certification numbers for the qualifiers. If the rider has not yet received a brevet certification number for a qualifier or will be doing the qualifier after the application submission deadline, they must indicate the date and place for the qualifier in question on their PBP application.
- The route for PBP 1999 will be essentially the same as the route for PBP 1995. When the PBP 1999 route is
available it will be published. For reference the 1995 route is
PBP 1995: Paris to Brest, Out
PBP 1995: Brest to Paris, Back
PBP 1995: Checkpoints and Start Times
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check the PBP 1999 FAQ for further information.