This form calculates the opening and closing times for RUSA-sanctioned brevets and populaires. The principal differences between this calculator and the ACP brevet time calculator are:
- this calculator handles populaires (100-199 km)
- this calculator allows events of non-standard lengths (e.g., 555km, 800km)
STEP 1: Indicate the event distance, starting date, and starting time.
The event distance is the distance that appears on the RUSA calendar,
not the distance of the route to be used for the event.
The time limit and distance credit are based on the event (calendar) distance, not the route distance.
For example, if the event is shown as a 250km brevet on the RUSA calendar, enter 250 km, even if the route distance is somewhat longer.
You are responsible for ensuring that the route used is at least as long as the distance indicated on the event calendar.
- Times are shown in a 24-hour format; for example, 2:00 AM is shown as 02:00 and 5:45 PM is shown as 17:45.
- It is assumed that all checkpoints are located within the same time zone.
- By convention, only 200km and 400km brevets have their maximum times adjusted (i.e., 200km - 13h30m and 400km - 27h00m). Calculations for all other distances are based strictly on the ACP formulas. Theoretically, this results in a 404km brevet being allowed less time than a 400km one; however, in practical terms, this is not an issue.
- The output is displayed as simple text for easy cutting and pasting.
- After generating the table, use your browser's Back or Previous button to return to this form.