The RUSA Cup is earned by completing at least one of each type of RUSA calendared event, comprising 5000km in total, within a two-year period.
- Rider must complete:
- a 200k, 300k, 400k, 600k, and 1000k brevet
- a 1200k or longer Grand Randonnée
- a RUSA team event (Dart, Dart Populaire, Arrow, or Flèches-USA)
- a Populaire
- any other calendared events - including Populaires - to achieve the required 5000 km.
- Events must be completed within two years of the first counting event.
- The time period from first counting event to final counting event must not overlap that of a previously-claimed RUSA Cup.
- All events must be on the RUSA calendar. (They may be ACP- or RM-sanctioned or not.) Permanents do not count, nor do Paris-Brest-Paris or other foreign events.
- RUSA brevets of greater distance can be substituted for the 200k, 300k, 400k, 600k, and 1000k, if their distance is less than the next higher standard distance. For example, a 207 km or 250 km brevet can fulfill the 200k requirement, but not a 300 km, 310 km, etc.
- Distance credit for team events is based on the minimum required distance set by the RBA for the event, even if the team went further.
The award is retroactive: applicants may apply based on events ridden since the founding of RUSA.
Award and Recognition
RUSA congratulates the riders who earned and applied for the RUSA Cup.
Apply for this award online. Once you have applied, you may optionally purchase the physical award.